Before & Aftercare
MICROBLADING BEFORE & AFTERCARE
It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a comfortable healing process and to achieve the best results.
HOW TO PREPARE BEFORE TREATMENT
- For the safety and health of yourself and others, we ask that the client come alone and not with others during appointment. We allow only the client in the room during the service.
- If you have an ideal shape and color in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them, although it is not required.
- VACATION If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- MEDICATIONS We REQUIRE our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- ALCOHOL We REQUIRE no alcohol consumption up to 24 hours before your appointment time.
- ACCUTANE If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- SUN EXPOSURE It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and the TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilise in the dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any products on healing brows except A&D that is provided
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for one week after.
- NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later.
There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo.