Please review the complete list of FAQs to address any questions or concerns
you may have about the microblading technique.
Included is also recommended before and after care to insure the best results of your eyebrow treatment.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING or 3D COSMETIC TATTOO?
Microblading is a cosmetic brow tattoo that uses a manual tool to deposit pigment into the skin in tiny hair like strokes, to mimic the look of real hairs.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COSMETIC TATTOOING AND STANDARD BODY TATTOOING?
The purpose of cosmetic tattooing is to enhance the natural features of a client. Cosmetic tattooing is softer, more subtle and is meant to be a natural-looking enhancement. Body tattoos use ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve pigments. These pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the artist to make changes to colour and shape over the years as client’s natural colouration and facial changes occur.
HOW LONG IS THE APPOINTMENT?
We book out close to two and a half hours. That gives us plenty of time to draw out a desired shape beforehand, numb the area, and then begin.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST?
Microblading is a semi-permanent procedure and requires touch-ups every 1-2 years to keep from fading out. The frequency of sessions depends on the pigment color used, (lighter colors fade faster) Life style, (Sun exposure lightens the pigment over time) and if any chemical peels came in contact with the brow tattoo. (You can let your esthetician know your brows are tattooed and to avoid the area. Applying a Vaseline over the brows will help.)
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
In order to ensure that the brows heal perfectly, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 8 weeks apart. This first touch-up is included as it gives us the ability to correct any areas that possibly faded, or allows the client to make suggestions if they want something adjusted.
HEALTH CONCERNS, REQUIREMENTS and RECOMMENDED CARE
DOES IT HURT?
We do all that we can to ensure that the process is as comfortable as possible. Before the Microblading begins, a topical numbing cream is applied to the area to minimize discomfort, followed by a liquid anesthetic. Some clients may feel a slight discomfort, but it’s relatively painless for most.
(PLEASE NOTE that if you are a frequent smoker, or have your appointment during your menstrual cycle, the pain levels will vary.)
CAN MICROBLADING COVER UP AN OLD PERMANENT BROW TATOO?
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed and are interested in a cover-up/re-work, you MUST send us a clear photo PRIOR to booking your appointment. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these and we must approve that your eyebrows are workable. In many cases, we cannot accept the work unless the old tattoo is VERY light and has faded out. If you were previously microbladed, it is also hard to follow the old work unless it was done correctly.
WILL COSMETIC TATTOOING WORK WELL FOR ME?
- If you have extremely oily skin, the hairstroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered than you would expect.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET TATTOOED?
We require our clients to be at least 18 years of age. No exceptions. Thank you.
CAN I GET TATTOOED IF I AM PREGNANT OR NURSING?
As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women, because the pigment will reach the blood stream.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH FACTORS FOR MICROBLADING IN COMPARISON TO A NORMAL BODY TATTOO?
Paris uses ALL disposable equipment to ensure that each appointment is clean and safe for not only her, but the safety of each client. ALL blades, hand tools, wipes, and any other product used during the procedure is thrown away after each appointment, giving each client peace of mind.
HOW WILL I LOOK IMMEDIATELY AFTER? WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
Your semi-permanent brow tattoo will appear darker for a few days following. Gentle scabbing on the area is expected and okay, just follow the aftercare, and it will heal accordingly. Once the tattoo starts to fade, some clients go through a high amount of fading. If this happens, it is very normal and will take up to one week for the color we pushed into the skin to rise back up. So please give it time
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT LONG TERM CARE?
Fading speed depends on your skintype, lifestyle, sun exposure, pigment color used, broken capillaries, and if any chemical peels were done after your procedure.
If you are planning a chemical peel, laser treatment or other medical procedure, please inform the technician that you have had a cosmetic tattoo. Careful application must be taken to avoid affecting the tattooed area.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Please click on the link below for detailed aftercare instructions. It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a comfortable healing process and to achieve the best results.
WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT MY COSMETIC TATTOO?
Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement.
- The regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds.
- The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment: The slower the absorption, the longer the pigment will hold.
- The choice of colour: Some colours fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde color will fade quicker than a dark brown color.
- The area of treatment: Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure.
HOW WILL MY COSMETIC TATTOO LOOK IN THE FUTURE?
During your appointment, we will analyze your skin's undertone to anticipate how pigment colors will fade in the future. We will also mix pigments to ensure color blends well with your existing eyebrow and hair color. The majority of our clients' cosmetic tattoos stay true to color and lighten naturally over time. There are some cases, however, where colors may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments (like lifestyle and iron deficiencies). Many factors affect these changes. At your follow up appointment, we will re-analyze how your body has responded to the initial color. Special formula alteration to correct the color and to prevent further color change is made at this time. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a "powdered" look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY EYEBROW PROCEDURE?
- If you have an ideal shape and color in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them, although it is not required.
- VACATION If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- We REQUIRE our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- ALCOHOL We REQUIRE no alcohol consumption up to 24 hours before your appointment time.
- ACCUTANE If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- TANNING BED It is highly recommended that you AVOID SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.